[time-nuts] FTS4060 Continuing Saga

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Sun Mar 5 22:34:57 UTC 2006

Hi:

The antenna is on  a mast about 6 feet above a chimney top.  There are a
number of surrounding 100 foot trees and this caused a lot of jitter
last year due to multipath.  I fixed that by changing the elevation mast
to 50 degrees and that's where it is now.  Changing the elevation mask
to 70 degrees still shows 400 ns of jitter for a 10 second average.  I
doubt that any trees are in that cone.

I'm in the  zero-degree timing mode and have a surveyed antenna location
and so don't see Lat-Lon-Alt type outputs.

For some averages of 10 seconds the jitter is in the 9 ns range but for
others are in the 300 ns area.  Turning Tropo Corrections off seems to
lower the jitter.

Thanks,

Brooke Clarke