[time-nuts] FMT -- 40M strangeness?

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sat Nov 18 22:13:16 UTC 2006

Without giving away any actual numbers, did anyone else notice either a
fuzzy signal, or some interference within about 1 Hz of W1AW on 40M?

I recorded the entire test run and have been unable to prove to myself
exactly where W1AW is; almost any sample of data I select shows two
signals within about 1 Hz -- depending on just what segment of the data
I analyze, I can sometimes get one peak that is sharper and another that
is smeared out over about 0.5Hz, but I'm not confident about which one
is the real thing.  An FFT with enough bins to separate the two signals
loses the CW keying, so I can't use that to see which one is real.

Again, nobody post actual frequencies, but if you've looked at the 40M
signal very closely, I'd appreciate finding out whether this is local to
me, or something others saw.

Thanks,

John