[time-nuts] John Vig elected President of IEEE

Daun Yeagley daun at yeagley.net
Mon Dec 10 22:04:15 UTC 2007

Chuck:

HOW TRUE your last sentence!!!   I've had to fight many battles with
presentations used in training classes that were written using whatever font.
Then when you try to present using a machine that doesn't have that particular
font installed, you get a HUGE mess!  We've even tried going to embedding fonts
in the presentations, but even that doesn't always work.
I just did some training for the Air Force, so I had to use one of their
computers, since it was part of a really nice classroom setup complete with rear
projection.  However, they had very few fonts on that machine, and it made some
of this slides, especially ones with formulas on them, total gibberish.  Talk
about throwing you off guard!  I'd review the material in my hotel room the
night before, but when I put the questionable slides up, it would totally
confuse me.  As a result, my student evaluations weren't so hot.  (one commenter
said "the instructor seemed like he was "winging it"").  I might as well have
been!

Daun