[time-nuts] time stamping counters

Pete peterawson at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 29 23:38:38 UTC 2007

Tom,

I have attached a file of zero crossing times for
a 1KHz zero crossing detector taken with my
PM6681. This data is interesting because it
records back-to-back events (zero dead-time)
using the "picket fence" method published by
Greenhall (in 1989). This back-to-back data
allows me to calculate the Allan deviation
correctly. I was also able to use the time-
stamping results to insure the record included
the correct number of points, with no gaps.

I think the PM6691 has this capability built-in.
Can you tell me if this is true? If it is true, what
is the maximum rate of capture for zero dead-
time (TI) data? How many data points can be
captured in each record?

Regards,
Pete Rawson