[time-nuts] another Ebay mixup, 5370

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Thu Jun 14 19:31:42 UTC 2007

In a message dated 6/14/2007 11:34:04 Pacific Daylight Time,
henk at deriesp.demon.nl writes:

>If  realy a fet probe is needed, than use a lowpass filter with enough
>bandwidth after the probe. Most of the time the majority of the
>jitter is still seen and the large noise bandwidth of the probe  is
>attenuated.

>Henk

Hi Henk,

that's a good data point! I have the HP differential probe and will try it
as well.

BTW: I really like the 54701A probes for Spectrum Analyzer work, they  are
pretty flat all the way out to above 3GHz, and virtually  indestructable.

If you use the special HP Spectrum Analyzer probe itself (822xx part number
or similar I think) then you have to be extremely carefull not to touch 5V  or
12V etc on your PCB, otherwise the probe will blow and it's over $1000 to
repair I hear. Friends tell me that's why never to buy those on Ebay: they are
likely all blown out.

bye,
Said