[time-nuts] Austron 1210D Manual Update

Had had at to-way.com
Fri Mar 9 01:33:13 UTC 2007

No problem John,

I've only had this 1210D since yesterday and have found that
everything works except for the batteries of course. I have not had
any time to do any real work with it. I have been watching it on and
off this afternoon running into a SR620 with a external Cb standard
and the 5MHz looks to be pretty solid.

I have two 1210D-1's due to arrive mid next week. I know one of them
needs work, so we shall see. I'd really like to have a self contained
10MHz transfer standard w/battery.

I'm looking at a less expensive alternative to the high dollar "F"
cell battery back. Two Canon camcorder batteries in series will give
you 14.4V at 7000mAh. I think they will fit in the tray with room
left over. BUT, they are LiON and I'll have to rework the charging
circuit. Two eBay batteries cost about $28.00. Only an idea at this time.

Had

At 04:39 PM 3/8/2007, you wrote:
>Thanks, Had!
>
>By the way, I'm doing a stability measurement of my 1210D right now, and
>it isn't bad at all -- it's in the 13s from tau 0.4 seconds out to a
>little beyond 1000 seconds.  It bottoms out at 4.5x10e-13 at 100 seconds
>(and for all I know right now, that floor may be that of the reference
>oscillator, an FTS-1050A).  Phase noise is better than -105dBc/Hz at 1
>Hz offset.
>
>Not a bad oscillator!
>
>John
>----

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free
State, the right of the people to keep and bear  Arms, shall not be
infringed.

protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should