[time-nuts] Need some help with Motorola Oncore VP Back in Binary mode

Don Garlick DGarlick at garlickfamily.org
Fri Mar 9 22:37:02 UTC 2007

Hello I need a little help

I bought a Oncore VP board with 8 channels for my Z3801

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250082966589&sspagena
me=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1

Motorola P/N: B8221Z1116

This has a battery in it.

It was tested by the seller by placing in the NMEA mode and left it in
NMEA mode.

Now the board he used to talk to it has failed so he cannot change it
back.

After I could not get it to work I tried draining the battery down to
.07 volts.

I still could not get it to work in the Z3801

Put the old 6 channel back in and it works again

http://gps.garlickfamily.org

Can anyone tell me how to get it out of NMEA and back to binary?

Thank You

Don