[time-nuts] Question for the cesium nuts.

Rob Kimberley rk at timing-consultants.com
Fri Mar 16 21:44:52 UTC 2007

Interesting question!!

Don't think we'll see an H2 MASER on EBay, as just too expensive, plus only
a few made each year. Rather large beasts - see the link below, and
installed & commissioned by manufacturer on site. The active ones are in the
$150K - $200K price range new, passive ones less. Symmetricom also make one
- the old Sigma Tau company down in in Alabama which FTS/Datum bought. I was
involved in bidding a Russian one last year in the UK.

http://www.kvarz.com/pdf/05%20CH1-75A.pdf (Active MASER)

http://www.kvarz.com/pdf/06%20CH1-76A.pdf (Passive MASER)

for further reading.

Rob