[time-nuts] Trimble's Mini-T

Dr Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Fri May 18 22:51:48 UTC 2007

michael taylor wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone knows any details, or has evaluated the
> Trimble Mini-T, a "cost effective" GPSDO in a small board form factor.
>
> <http://www.trimble.com/minit.shtml>
> <http://trl.trimble.com/dscgi/ds.py/Get/File-361589/022542-007_Mini-T_DS_0207_lr.pdf>
>
> The datasheet quotes: "1 PPS Accuracy. . GPS 15 nanoseconds (one
> sigma, without SA)"
>
> There is a whitepaper from Trimble which I believe describes the
> Mini-T's design as a "Third-Generation GPS Clock" at
> <http://trl.trimble.com/docushare/dsweb/Get/Document-8439/> (In Sync
> with GPS: GPS Clocks for the Wireless Infrastructure).
>
> If anyone knows the cost of board and/or starter kit, I wonder
> interested in knowing.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

Michael

The datasheet is distinguished by its lack of information on the
stability of the reference when locked to the GPS signals.
Either its so poor that its embarrassing, or they just haven't got
around to measuring ADEV etc.
The phase noise figures quoted re only useful for estimating ADEV etc
for (tau < 0.1 sec) when this is largely determined by the OCXO itself.

Bruce