[time-nuts] Pendulums & Atomic Clocks & Gravity

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Sun May 27 14:54:28 UTC 2007

For the same reason that a satellite in free fall is still subject to
gravitational forces, so do objects in Lagrange points. These points
represent areas where the centrifugal forces compensate for gravity from
two objects instead of one for a regular satellite. The only way to be
free from gravitation is infinite distance from mass, until someone
actually invents the famous gravitational shield :-) I hope it comes in
spray form...

Didier