[time-nuts] Lucent WR-92066 L10 RFG-XO

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Wed Oct 3 17:38:49 UTC 2007

Tom Clifton wrote:
> I also bought one that hasn't arrived yet. With the XO
> in the part number I am under the belief that it is a
> crystal oscillator, not Rubidium.  I may be wrong, but
> the unit with the Rubidium  oscillator is probably
> LUCENT RFTG-M-RB KS24019 L105B FOR CDMA MINICELL

As I mentioned, it seems there were a couple similar but different
rubidiums that were sold a few months back. Then, also, a group of
similar but different other boxes that go with them (GPS, XO, ...). The
one I have is Lucent RFG-RB WP-92066 L9. It makes 10 MHz and 15 MHz. I
think the LPRO inside is able to be steered in frequency, but as far as
I can tell this box does not use that and is not lockable. Mine appears
to be just a stand-alone source.

So there are several flavors of the various cell site boxes. There is an
archive for this list. Some searching there for RFG or RFTG will
probably find dozens of messages.
> I also think there was some discussion perhaps 6
> months ago about these units. Did anybody ever get a
> pair of them working?

I only have the one RB box. It seems to work, but I have no intention of
using the full box. The LPRO inside was the score that made it a good
buy, as far as I am concerned.