[time-nuts] FW: IIMorrow GPS units non-functional since Sunday

Mike Monett XDE-L2G3 at myamail.com
Wed Aug 20 01:26:55 UTC 2008

"Jim Palfreyman" <jim77742 at gmail.com> wrote:

>I'm fascinated by the 320 nm flight.
>
>320 billionths of a metre is quite short distance to use a plane.
>
>I would have walked.
>
>Jim

LOL!

Boats and planes use nautical miles (nm). From wikipedia, one nm is
approximately one minute of latitude along any meridian. The abbreviation
nm, though conflicting with the SI symbol for the nanometre, is also in
widespread use. so you have to look at the context.

In this example, 320 nautical miles = 368.2 miles = 592.64 kilometers. A
nice flight in good weather, but it can be a bear in IFR with known ice.
Either way, this is the way to do it:

  http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5874208&nseq=0

(This was my first plane. And the best one I have ever owned!)

Regards,

Mike Monett