[time-nuts] VP oncore problem

Morris Odell vilgotch at bigpond.net.au
Fri Feb 29 23:03:05 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help me with a problem I'm having with a VP Oncore
receiver

I am building something which includes one of these receivers and it
communicates with the host microcontroller via the VP's serial binary link.
The host receives messages from the VP just fine. The problem arises when
the host tries to send configuration commands to the VP. When this happens
the VP only responds to the first of 4  messages (Total: about 40 bytes). It
doesn't matter what order they are sent in a continuous string or whether or
not there are time delays up to 5 seconds or dummy characters between them,
the VP only acknowledges the first one and is deaf to any more. Once the
system is restarted it will receive one more message before going deaf
again.

The VP manual says the serial receive buffer will store up to 2048
characters and act on them sequentially. This is obviously not happening. Am
I missing something here?

TIA

Morris