[time-nuts] device as sniffer/ promiscuous mode GPIB devices?

Bob Paddock bob.paddock at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 11:10:00 UTC 2008

On Monday 28 January 2008 08:19:40 am Patrick wrote:

> I rebuild and resell lab instruments. My customers are doing great work
> finding cures for diseases. The software to control their instruments
> cost between 5-40K and is hyped up garbage that eats up their meager
> budgets. I desperately, desperately want to write an open source
> replacement.

http://www.iftools.com/ctb.en.html is an Open Source driver based
on the wxWidgets tool kit.  http://www.wxwidgets.org

"At this time CTB supports RS232 and GPIB (IEEE488) for Linux and
Windows95/98, NT, Win2k and XP in a transparent way. That means that the
program code for read and write via RS232 and GPIB is exactly identical for
Linux and Windows."

--
                http://www.wearablesmartsensors.com/
 http://www.softwaresafety.net/ http://www.designer-iii.com/