[time-nuts] Synchronizing to WWV

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Dec 20 08:04:00 UTC 2009

justin at fuzzythinking.com said:
> I think the Heathkit clock was more sophisticated.  It read the 100hz
> data code and automatically set the hour, minute, seconds, and date.

When did WWV start sending the data on 100 Hz?

I was playing with a WWV simulator the other day, and was surprised to hear
it.

I remember listening to WWV when I was a kid.  That was back in the '50s.  I
don't remember hearing the 100 Hz blips.  Of course, I could have been using
gear that didn't have much of a response at 100 Hz.