[time-nuts] Another failed leap second...

Chris Erickson ericksonc2 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 1 02:34:21 UTC 2009

My Traconex Time Source model 1030 rackmount WWV clock failed to catch the
leap second. It readjusted to the correct time about an hour later. Not the
typical low cost consumer radio clock, but it is about 20 years old. I don't
have it hooked up to a computer to monitor the data port, but it obviously
wasn't designed for this event. I did notice the second display was no
longer in lock step with my other rubidium clocks, so it apparently was
trying to handle the error by adjusting its timebase to compensate. It seems
to have stabilized now after a couple of hours and is back in sync.

Chris