[time-nuts] Wenzel Oscillator Repair

Had had at to-way.com
Tue Jan 20 02:12:08 UTC 2009

Ed,

Here is something else to try after you've got as much solder as
possible removed.

Place about 1/2" of the end oscillator can in a bench vise and apply
light pressure from corner to corner, cross wise. Then reverse the
can 180 degrees and do it again. Obviously you don't want to crush
anything, just enough pressure to slightly torque the joints. I've
had good luck with this method on many different sealed items.

Good Luck,

Hadley
K7MLR