[time-nuts] HP 5370 oven oscillator power supply

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 29 15:12:46 UTC 2009

I got in a oven oscillator power supply board for my 5370A counter from a time nut.   After I installed it,  I checked the output with a meter and only saw a few volts on the oven output...  ooops...  meter was on AC.   AC volts on a DC supply...  not good.  Turns out the filter cap was going bad.   I checked my other 5370's and they all had from 2 to 6 volts of ripple on the oven supply.   You might want to check your counters and replace that cap.  I used a 3200uF 50V unit (about twice the original value).