[time-nuts] E1938A

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Fri May 1 01:30:37 UTC 2009

Hi Magnus,

I don't know if I get you right here but I have a copy of the 10811A/B
operation and service manual if you need it. The two files I have are
similar, one is 3.1Mb and the other is 8Mb. I can send them to you if that
would be helpful.

Cheers,
Steve

2009/5/1 Magnus Danielson <magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org>

> Fellow time-nuts (and Rick in particular),
>
> I have been looking through the E1938A documentation available from fellow
> time-nuts. There is some juicy pieces of information, but also some holes.
>
> I does not recall having seing a datasheet or users manual, as available
> for the 10811 devices.
>
> I (think) understand what RX and TX is for, the serial port at CMOS/TTL
> levels, as it hookes directly to the PIC. But I wonder what the Data to PIC,
> Data from PIC and PIC data ready is meant to do, looks like a second serial
> port of some sort.
>
> Also, I found another article on it which is not on Ricks homepage where
> various design decisions etc on production is described. I have not bothered
> to download it from IEEE, but if Rick could make it available that would be
> a welcome and interesting reading.
>
> Cheers,
> Magnus

Steve Rooke - ZL3TUV & G8KVD & JAKDTTNW
A man with one clock knows what time it is;
A man with two clocks is never quite sure.