[time-nuts] Data Precision 8200 Voltage Standard

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Tue May 5 14:51:58 UTC 2009

Hi Skip:

Don't know this unit, but can comment on this kind of problem.  The most
likely cause is a poor (oxidized) electrical connection.  So if there
are switches, connectors, sockets, etc. involved then they need to be
cycled a few times.  See What Goes Wrong:
http://www.prc68.com/I/HaT.shtml#Wgw

Another possible problem relates to electrolytic caps where the
electrolyte has gone bad.  You need an Effective Series Resistance (ESR)
meter to check them, see Capacitor Failure:
http://www.prc68.com/I/HaT.shtml#CF

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.prc68.com