[time-nuts] Linux time servers

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu May 14 22:33:09 UTC 2009

>>I'd try the FreeBSD distribution of Linux.
> Ouch. In some circles, those are fightin' words.

I interpreted it as a joke, like telling a Windows user to install Service
Pack Linux.

If all you want is to run a time server, FreeBSD will do a better job than
Linux.  In particular, the Soekris boxes are polular.

If you have a Linux box that you need/use for other stuff, it can also run
ntpd.  That may or may not be good enough at timekeeping for a time-nut.