[time-nuts] How do US TV stations disseminate time to DTV converterboxes?

Greg Burnett gbusg at comcast.net
Fri Oct 2 03:23:09 UTC 2009

Bill,

Regarding the indicated time being 1 hour behind as displayed by the ATSC
converter boxes, so far I'm hearing reports of the same problem in an area
stretching from Omaha to Denver.  I'm located south of Denver. Regarding
WWVB, it was coming in OK here again by the time I'd sent my first message.
At the moment its signal strength is good here again. Please hold-off on any
speculation regarding the WWVB signal strength issues - I'll look into this
more carefully the next time its signal strength dips here. (The problem
might be on my side this time, not on the WWVB side?)

Greg