[time-nuts] reference oscillator input circuit

Javier Herrero jherrero at hvsistemas.es
Thu Dec 9 14:31:47 UTC 2010

El 09/12/2010 15:21, jimlux escribió:
> Javier Herrero wrote:
>> Good to know. Now I see what not to use :) I was supposing that the
>> hysteresis would not be so high being low voltage signalling, and
>> since they are used for low-jitter applications. But really I've only
>> used them for their intended main applications :)
>

> hysteresis is in the 100mV minimum range, and max peak amplitude is in
> the 0.9 to 1 Volt range (they'll have a bias point a bit over a volt,
> and a lot of them do not do well at all if you swing close to the
> supply rail)
>
> Maybe with external clamps and over drive it.

Yes, I was thinking in that way. But surely they are better solutions :)

Regards,

Javier

Javier Herrero                            EMAIL: jherrero at hvsistemas.com
Chief Technology Officer
HV Sistemas S.L.                          PHONE:         +34 949 336 806
Los Charcones, 17                         FAX:           +34 949 336 792
19170 El Casar - Guadalajara - Spain      WEB: http://www.hvsistemas.com