[time-nuts] My Garmin 18x, Ver 3.50, currently 1 second slow to UTC

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Dec 31 10:02:27 UTC 2010

> If I am using the NMEA data (as in the Garmin is the only time
> source), what firmware is recommended by all those using a GPS18x-LVC?
>
> Joe Gray
> W5JG

Kiwi Geoff recommended:

http://www.gawisp.com/perry/oem_sensor/

>From there I downloaded:       GPS18xPC_LVC_300.exe

I would go back to this version, were it not for the act that I had a
GPS18x LVC which stopped working, and needed to be replaced by Garmin.
There was a suggestion at the time that it was a firmware problem.  Here's
the list of firmware changes:

  http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4055

I wonder about the 3.10 update "Improved robustness of internal error
handling".

73,
David
Web:  http://www.satsignal.eu