[time-nuts] My First Atomic Clock

John Fisher k5jhf at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 24 18:40:36 UTC 2010

Hi, I just subscribed to this list because I have always been a time-nut :-) My friend, Kees Talen, K5BCQ, and I, John Fisher, K5JHF, have just finished our first Atomic Clock kit found here as kit #7:

<http://www.qsl.net/k5bcq/Kits/Kits.html>

The unique thing for Hams here is that it spits out Morse code for the time and/or Callsign besides providing Westminster chimes. The local Austin, TX,  AQRP boys and the Williamson County Amateur Radio Club have started testing the kit. We also did an Si570 controller which has sold over 400 kits around the world. It provides a stable SDR oscillator using the Si570 chip. I prefer the Freescale MC9S08 chips with their BDM and Code Warrior. I have thoroughly enjoyed visiting the websites shown on this list. I look forward to learning from you guys :-)

Regards,
John

John H. Fisher
k5jhf at sbcglobal.net