[time-nuts] Fiberoptic 10MHz link

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Jun 3 01:01:03 UTC 2010

Hi

A <$3 RF transformer should do the trick. You can put in a couple of them if you are really concerned.

The optical stuff will work. It's pretty expensive if you want something quiet enough to be useful.

A jitter of 0.1 UI is considered "ok" for moving data. A 36 degree phase modulation (same thing) on your frequency standard is not going to do very well. More or less, you need a link that would do "ok" on very fast data to give you a decent frequency reference at the other end without running a clean up loop in the basement.

Bob