[time-nuts] Z3805 utility, Was: AW: (no subject)

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon May 24 19:35:21 UTC 2010

> My biggest difficulty with ex-telecom GPSDO units has been trying to get a
> USB to serial converter on a PC to talk to the unit.

> There always seems to be another layer that has to be set before it   works.
> So far I have always managed to make them work in the end, but   getting the
> COM port allocation and baud rate in not enough, there is some other
> allocation to be set.

I've taken to writing myself notes about things like that.  It doesn't have
to be elaborate, just enough to remind me what the key idea is so that I can
lookup the details if I need more info.

Sometimes, I save the magic command line so I can cut-paste.

Of course, then there is the problem of remembering the filename for where I
saved the notes.