[time-nuts] ROHN 9H50 34 Foot Telescopic TV Wireless Antenna Push Up Mast

Michael Baker mpb45 at clanbaker.org
Fri Sep 3 13:52:55 UTC 2010

   Hello, Time-Nutters--
   RE: ROHN 9H50 34 Foot Telescopic Antenna Push Up Mast
   Some years ago, before we moved out here in the boonies
   on a 6 acre lot, we lived in a home in a small suburban
   lot surrounded by tall trees and no room to put up a
   guyed tower.  I installed a heavy-duty guyed 40' telescoping
   push-up pole on top of the roof.  It had four guys that ran
   down to the corners of the roof where I had installed
   reinforcing buttresses to take the strain of the guy wires
   in heavy winds.  We live in N. Central Flori-DUH and it
   stayed up for 12 years and survived numerous high-wind
   thunderstorms and one moderately close pass-by of a hurricane.
   I bought the push-up pole at a county surplus equipment
   sale and have no idea who made it, but it was vastly more
   heavy-duty than the el-cheapo/crapo push-up poles sold by
   Radio Shack.  I had two small beam antennas and a small
   rotor mounted on it.
   Mike Baker
   Gainesville/Micanopy FL