[time-nuts] OT: Christchurch NZ Quake Map

d.seiter at comcast.net d.seiter at comcast.net
Thu Sep 9 09:20:52 UTC 2010

Brings back memories- I was on the west coast of the south island in 1990, leaning against a large log on the beach very close to the water line at sunset, when a quake hit. Being from California, it was fun because I was used to experiencing quakes in buildings, cars, etc; but I had never felt one in such a "natural" setting. Kind of hard to explain, but it was a very other-worldly experience.

-Dave