[time-nuts] looking for data on time code display

gary lists at lazygranch.com
Sun Dec 11 23:30:25 UTC 2011

Try their reading room first.
> http://www.nsa.gov/public_info/foia/reading_room/index.shtml

If there is no information in the reading room, do a FOIA. This
information is always run past lawyers, not engineers. Don't be
surprised if you get a call from whatever NSA calls their legal
department. I've had calls from JAG regarding FOIAs.

The lawyer more often than not is your friend in FOIA requests. For one
thing, if the request is too broad, they can help you narrow down the
request. Usually the first 100 pages is free. I have declassified
documents that are in excess of 500 pages.

For this device, you would probably want to FOIA an operators manual.
Too general of a request might get you every memo where the device is
mentioned.