[time-nuts] My Racal-Dana 1992

David C. Partridge david.partridge at perdrix.co.uk
Mon Dec 19 18:59:32 UTC 2011

>The first reading after turn-on was about 370 Hz (yes, Hertz) low.
>After 20 minutes the initial warm-up was complete and the reading was
>238 counts (e.g.  0.238 Hz) above 10 MHz - well within the 1e-7 specification.

That's awfully similar to how mine behaves.  I'm currently doing my annual checkout, and waiting for it to settle a bit more before tuning out the final few milli-Hertz (currently reading a steady 999.999997 on the 10 second gate.

You could argue that I should leave it in standby all the time, but as I can always use my Thunderbolt to provide the clock if I need the final bits of precision, I don't.

Dave