[time-nuts] FRS-C Rb Oscillator questions

Robert Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 01:52:59 UTC 2011

Hi guys,

Today I received a shiny new (to me anyway) FRS-C Rb from one of the usual
sellers in China.  It locked after roughly 2 minutes.  Comparing it to my
Thunderbolt I saw that it was running at a very slightly different rate.  I
adjusted the c-field pot and made it slightly better but I ran out of range
on the pot!  It's fully counter-clockwise and one trace is moving past the
other very slowly.   I can speed it up by turning it all the way to the
right but it never stops or changes direction.

Is there anything I can do that isn't too difficult to remedy the
situation?  Should I let it warm up overnight before messing with this? (my
other unit does not have this problem -at least it didn't before I killed
it).

Thank you for any suggestions,
Bob

(ps, the thunderbolt has been on for over a year so I don't think that's the
issue but I really don't have any way to verify it.  Lady Heather thinks
it's okay.