[time-nuts] Strange temperature peak

francesco messineo francesco.messineo at gmail.com
Fri May 27 18:59:23 UTC 2011

Hi Alberto,

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 8:45 PM, Alberto di Bene <dibene at usa.net> wrote:
> I left my Thunderbolt running with Lady Heather started. Returning after a
> few hours in the room,
> which is at a constant temperature (underground, no heating, no air
> conditioning), I found the
> following plot on the Lady Heather screen :
>
> http://www.sdradio.eu/images/ladyheather.gif

since the plot has a step jump, seems only a few tens mC, and then it
comes slowly back to the "normal" track, I'd rule out at least an
external temperature change: the thunderbolt can easily detect an hand
in its proximity even for a few seconds, but I don't remember ever
seen a step change.
Could be a firmware/sensor/communication error, but I'm not able to
explain why it comes back to normal slowly (but I'm sure there's a
firmware reason for that).

Frank IZ8DWF