[time-nuts] Neutrino timing

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 05:06:53 UTC 2011

My bet is on an experimental error.  That is the safe bet.  I hope I
loose because this being real faster than light neutrinos would be a
lot of fun.

If true my off the cuff guess is that this proves the existence of
dimensions higher than four.  These are tiny and some closed shape.
most mater takes some long path through these and all the particles
that do interact, neutrinos don't take the long path and thereby
"miss" most mater and don't interact with it.  Either they don't move
in that dimension or they take a bee-line

Under special relatively the speed of all particles is a constant, C
(This is why nothing can exceed C because everything in the universe
moves at constant speed (not constant velocity) of C.  If the
Neutrinos really are "fast" then my guess is that the constant C holds
in more than four dimension.  So this result would not disprove
Einstein, it would generalize the theory to n>4 dimensions.

The neutrinos, like every other particle pin the universe are moving
at exactly C through 10-space.  (OK I guessed at the number 10 but
n-space where n>4)

I think this has to be the simplest possible explanation.  "Short path
through dimensions > 4 explains both the apparent faster than light
speed (that is not faster than C in n-space) and why neutrinos don't
interact with matter very much.  I'm sure I'm not the first to think
of this.  It fall out obviously if you let N be > 4

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 6:06 PM, ed breya <eb at telight.com> wrote:
> Fascinating stories. It looks like they covered all the bases, so if
> correct, then it should have a big impact on physics. I can only conclude
> one of the following:
>
> 1. There is some undiscovered measurement error or effect that accounts for
> the discrepancy.
> 2. The data are correct and the neutrinos can exceed c, or distort
> space-time so that it appears that way.
> 3. Neutrinos actually do interact with matter more than supposed, and in
> unusual ways. This would mean that rock would have a negative index of
> refraction to neutrinos.
>
> It's too bad the equipment has to be gigantic. If the beam line could be
> built vertically, it could be fired through the entire earth instead, to a
> detector on the opposite side, getting about sixteen times more distance. I
> wonder what the beam dispersion is for those things.
>
> Ed

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California