[time-nuts] Averaging Location for Position Hold

jmfranke jmfranke at cox.net
Tue Sep 13 22:37:47 UTC 2011

The position is solely defined by the location of the antenna. Once all of
the satellite signals enter the antenna, the time differences are fixed,
only the absolute time changes. The GPS receiver computes the position of
the antenna using time differences. The coax cable length can affect the
time, unless compensated for the propagation delay.

John  WA4WDL