[time-nuts] US New Year countdown - accurate?

W4wj at aol.com W4wj at aol.com
Mon Jan 2 16:57:55 UTC 2012

The "Time Nuts" way:

It's just a matter of the studio guys listening to the XM feed
and then slewing their clock to "beep" ahead, so that the XM
feed "beep" is close to the real time.

FYI...  NBC advances their video feed, so that it arrives out of  the
station receiver on time.

Another FYI...  NBC video delivered over Dish Network are  delayed
14 -15 seconds...  all that processing between the TV station
Dish/DirecTV receive site and the consumer!!

73,

Don Murray, W4WJ

Retired from 40 years of  Miami Television Engineering
35+ years @ NBC O&O WTVJ

Now in  Fredericksburg, TX

In a message dated 1/2/2012 4:24:33 A.M. Central Standard Time,