[time-nuts] Thunderbolt mounting

Neville Michie namichie at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 00:25:24 UTC 2012

You have to go deep into the ground to get stability.
At 15 metres deep there is a lovely pure sine wave of about 0.3C P-P.
I measured it on the roof of a cave, its period one year.
My design for the bolt is to put it in a 1/4 inch thick aluminium box which
is held at a constant temperature by a fan. Switching control is good enough as the
thermal diffusivity of 1/4 inch aluminium will attenuate any spectral components shorter than
a minute. The aluminium box is so conductive that the box is isothermal, so once the bolt
has established its internal temperature gradients, nothing changes.
cheers,
Neville Michie