[time-nuts] Chinese credit card fraud

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 15:33:27 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 4:38 AM, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R
<caf at omen.com>wrote:

> Early this week I noticed two strange charges to my credit card account.
> An investigation indicates these charges were made in China.

If you bought something on eBay there is no way the seller gets your CC
info.  You can prove this to yourself by selling something on eBay and then
buying using a different account

The #1 method for CC number text is to hand the card over to a waiter to
pay for dinner.   If the guy is smart he never uses those number himself
but sells them in bulk.  The number could trade hands a few times before
they get to China

I don't worry to much because the bank will reverse fraudulent charges.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California