[time-nuts] WWVB BPSK Receiver Project? (fwd)

gary lists at lazygranch.com
Sat Mar 17 03:02:27 UTC 2012

I lost track of who wrote this, but why is it assume a ferrite rod has
non-linear phase. [Group delay error I presume). Now I assume this
presumes the rod is used in a LC circuit, but if the Q is not high, the
phase linearity won't necessarily be bad.

Basically I'd like to hear more from whomever wrote this.

"The useful bandwidth of LF to HF radio is about 9kHz, DCF77-like
standards with PRBS is about 1.5kHz. Of course the ferrite rod as an
input filter *will* have a non-linear phase, but it still seems to me it
is the simplest and most common receiptor for LF time signals."