[time-nuts] WWVB BPSK Receiver Project?

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Mar 19 07:26:02 UTC 2012

In message <595370411-1332118092-cardhu_decombobulator_blackberry.rim.net-18097
4826- at b1.c24.bise6.blackberry>, shalimr9 at gmail.com writes:

>I was not concerned about processing power on a PC (or Mac for
>that matter) but for the uC that was used in PHK's project.

That was sort of the entire point about the "aducLoran": to show that
for time-nuttery, you don't need much CPU.

If you wanted to extract a real-time modulation of any kind, the situation
is very different, but as long as you just want to extract a carrier
phase/frequency, averaging is the way to go and that is cheap.