[time-nuts] IOTECH 488 EPROM

gary lists at lazygranch.com
Wed Mar 21 05:12:05 UTC 2012

Both of mine came from flea markets. Around 2000. Well into the ebay
era, but you could still find stuff locally. Vendors think GPIB looks
like centronix, so they just dump the stuff.

Also in the dark ages was the HP Basic Language card. If you never heard
of it, you will probably groan. It was a card (ISA I guess) you put in a
PC that ran HP Basic. It had the GPIB port on the back. So you had a
whole PC dedicated set up to run a dinky HP desktop computer emulator.
However, if you were into legacy code, you paid the price.
> http://hpmuseum.net/display_item.php?hw=681

You didn't need a Vectra in theory, buy everyone bought the Vectra
because nobody wanted the job of making the card work in some clone.