[time-nuts] Zeeman frequency oddness

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Oct 28 00:07:16 UTC 2012

On 10/28/2012 01:13 AM, Chuck Harris wrote:
> Two things come to mind:
>
> 1) is this the high performance tube? Perhaps it has a different
> Zeeman frequency than the standard tube?
> 2) a non HP replacement tube? FTS Cs beam tubes are way different
> Zeeman frequencies than HP.

A high performance tube should give you better signal to noise.

A non HP tube might give you a somewhat different C-field setting for
same center lock-in.

The physics of Cs-133 is still the same, and the RF-chain is still the
same. If not, someone has to teach me something new, or at least inform
me why the high performance tubes are so much different.

Cheers,
Magnus