[time-nuts] SDR Radio Opinion- Next Question

Alberto di Bene dibene at usa.net
Wed Aug 7 20:25:48 UTC 2013

On 8/7/2013 6:02 PM, Russ Ramirez wrote:

> /Hi Alberto, can you say which SDR software this is? I have a TI TIVA board
> that is M4F based and am wondering if this new SDR code will support boards
> like this./

Hi Russ,

    I am afraid it is not a software untied to a specific hardware...
The prototype was shown at the Ham Fair in Friedrichshafen, Germany, last June :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15089947/FDM_DUO.jpg

So the source code, being a commercial product, will not be released.

Anyway, the STM Discovery STM32F4 board, which I used for the development,
has a couple ADCs on the M4F chip, which I will use to sample RF at approximately
1.5 MHz. Using portions of the above software, I will implement an SDR meant for
VLF, LF and the first part of MW, whose source code I will release. So you will be
able to adapt it to your TIVA board.

Keep an eye to my soft_radio Yahoo group where I will announce (probably in the
October - November time frame) the availability of it.

73  Alberto  I2PHD