[time-nuts] OT - USB to LPT Adapter - Does it exist?

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Fri Jan 11 13:09:04 UTC 2013

Not sure where to ask this question but thought I would start here.

Is there a way to connect a parallel port to a computer via USB?  Not a
device that shows up as 'USB Print Support' but, instead, shows up in Device
Manager as an LPT port?  I have been able to do it via PCMCIA to Parallel
Port adapters but I have never found a USB device that would do this.

My goal is to connect a parallel port chip programmer via USB but the
software only looks for LPT ports.  It works with PCMCIA to parallel port
adapters but I haven't solved the puzzle yet with a USB connected device.

Thanks in advance.

Joe