[time-nuts] OT - USB to LPT Adapter - Does it exist?

Jeroen Bastemeijer J.Bastemeijer at TUDelft.nl
Fri Jan 11 14:57:05 UTC 2013

Dear Joe,

Be aware, the parallel printer ports are not a substitute for the LPT port!

My experience is that only two things work:
1. A PCI card in your PC to add a LPT port (cost around 15 Euro)
2. Homebrew LPT ports. If my memory serves me well there was a design in
the June or July/August issue of Elektor.

For using the LPT for programming one usually needs the port to be
bi-directional, something which is not supported on the, so called,
USB-to-parallel-printer-port adapters.

Good luck, Jeroen