[time-nuts] OCXO shock protection

Perry Sandeen sandeenpa at yahoo.com
Mon May 20 02:16:17 UTC 2013

All,

We will be moving to southern California in the
near future.

My question if for people who live in that area is
do you need to do additional shock mounting for OCXO’s because of the ongoing,
usually minor,  earth tremors that take
place?

I will be running two of the Lucent units and two HP
10811 series which are in my 5370B TIC’s.

The condo is built on a concrete slab and the only
available space will be in the garage.

In the Absolute Audio magazine they have had
reviews on equipment stands that had spiked legs that went in a complimentary
cup on the floor.  The idea was to turn
any vibration into heat with the spiked points.

Comments appreciated.

Regards,

Perrier