[time-nuts] WWVB for Time Nuts

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 13 15:16:06 UTC 2014

No,  that is exactly what they usually do.   They want to keep you in the dark and guessing as much as possible.

I once had a guy claim a product we built infringed his patent.  He had a memorable name.   Turns out I remember talking to him after he had bought one of our products a couple of years earlier... the exact product he claimed we were infringing.  Found a copy of his invoice...  dated months before his patent dates.   Great fun was had when that little fact was pointed out to the patent office...  patent fraud charges were filed.

Another time a guy also claimed we were infringing his patent.  Our product also pre-dated his patent,  but rather than fight it we convinced him to license us his bogus patent for a dollar...  and let him go after our competitors with his patent.