[time-nuts] FE5680 GPS Disciplined Controller

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 00:39:30 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 11:47 AM, Tom Van Baak <tvb at leapsecond.com> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> I'm glad you're making progress on your Arduino GPSDO. You've mentioned it
> in a dozen postings the past half year. Perhaps you will post the source
> code sketch, full design, and actual phase / frequency / adev results some
> day. Many of us are willing to help as independent testers and see actual
> results.

I've posted the schematic and source code.  I don't have any good way to
measure performance except with the device itself.  A GPSDO measures itself
every second.  Could I use that data?  It would be easy to push it across
the USB interface to a computer.

My goal was to make something as simple and low as possible.  I'd make it
better except for I need some way to see if it really is better.

> Meanwhile... Now would be the time for you to let Bert have the stage; he
> has an actual working design, with PCB, and several tests in progress.
> High-performance results. This represents a year of work on his part, and
> others who have freely collaborated and contributed to all aspects of his
> project. It's really nice.
>
> Please do not hijack the thread of another time nut's superb effort. Some
> week it will be your turn to post final results of your project. This is
> not the week.
>
> Thanks,
> /tvb

Chris Albertson