[time-nuts] Divide by five

Gerhard Hoffmann dk4xp at arcor.de
Sat Nov 8 10:20:49 UTC 2014

Am 08.11.2014 um 09:46 schrieb Said Jackson via time-nuts:

The  x163 seems to be in better supply than the '161.

For example: < http://www.nxp.com/documents/data_sheet/74LVC163.pdf >
At 3.0 - 3.6V  150 MHz guaranteed, 200 MHz typ.

I have done a fanout board for the Xilinx Coolrunner XC2C64 to 100 mil
square pads.
The small chip in the Background is the core voltage regulator, The plug
fits to
the Xilinx USB configuration cable. Enough to create 1pps from 100 MHz.

<
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/4Bpcfouj8WH0shNGIyuVUtMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

The other small boards are 100 MHz Crystek CVHD-950 locked to 10 MHz
using LVC163

Doubler 100 MHz ---> 200 MHz  13dBm in -> 13 dBm out using 2*BF862
push/push grounded gate

Doubler 200 MHz -> 400 MHz  13 dBm in 13 dBm out, HSMS-282F, SAW Filter
on 400 MHz, ERA-4 amplifier

All are week-enders, Layout printed on Laser printer to foil,
presensitized FR-4 0.5mm from Bungard, home etched.
The bottom side ist ground only.
I can use these snippets in my Altium Designer to combine them to larger
projects; the modules keep
their layout and need only to be handled as a block. I have collected
quite a block library over the years. :-)

regards, Gerhard