[time-nuts] RPi/ beagle bone-like computer without video

Scott Stobbe scott.j.stobbe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 03:58:07 UTC 2016

Having a full blown os is nice when all the processor is responsible for is
house keeping and storage. You also get plenty of RAM for buffering prior
to writing to persistent storage, like an SD card. That said I have found
SD cards to be fusy, at least the microchip FAT libraries. And write cycle
times are random sometimes being 0.5 seconds, which means you need to be
able to allocate memory the equivalent of a few seconds worth of data for
buffering (not an issue on linux systems).